Published on March 26th, 2015 | by Tim Mayo0
Out Now: Fast & Furious Legacy
Kabam have just released Fast & Furious: Legacy for both iOS and Android. And since it’s the official game for the upcoming movie, you’ll see both familiar faces and cars throughout the game.
This game is of course the follow-up to Kabam’s very successful Fast & Furious 6: A Game which has been downloaded over 30 million times and scores a healthy 4 stars on both Google Play and Apple’s App Store.
This new release features multiple game modes including: Street, Drift, Drag, Getaway and Takedown. There are also over 50 new and cars and track locations that include Los Angeles, Miami, Tokyo, and Rio De Janeiro. There’s also a Story Mode in which you face-off against classic villains from the Fast & Furious series, including DK, Braga, and Carter Verone.
First impressions are it’s a cross between Asphalt Overdrive, CSR Racing, and the recently launched Road Smash Crazy Racing.
It’s a free to play title so does include in-app purchases. I’ve only played the game briefly so far, so can’t comment just yet on how this effects game play if you’d rather not shell out on IAPs.
The in-game currency appears to be gold which you can earn from completing races and challenges. Or you can purchase gold packs that range in price form $5 to $100!
Here’s the trailer:
Join Tej, Roman, Letty and others to tear up the Streets in super-charged story missions set across all 7 Fast & Furious movies. Lead your Crew against rival teams and race in classic movie locations around the globe from Rio to Tokyo and back to LA. Trick-out your custom ride and weave through traffic, avoid the cops and score airtime on jumps in ALL NEW adrenaline-pumping game modes! The hottest car models from the movie franchise await you – are you ready to create your own Fast & Furious: Legacy?
New Cars from the Fast & Furious Movies
- Race and drive over 50 cars from the movie franchise
- Experience the speed of the blazing hot Lykan Hypersport from Furious 7
- Add to your slick lineup of high-fidelity 3D rides with licensed imports, classics, and exotic vehicles
Multiple Game Modes and Locations
- Dominate in all new action race modes including Street, Drift, Drag, Getaway and Takedown, with more to come
- Explore locations based on the movies from Los Angeles to Miami, Tokyo, and Rio De Janeiro
- Burn up the streets as you conquer iconic locations worldwide
Pimp Your Ride
- Style out your cars with the hottest paint, vinyls, rims, and more
- Unlock boosts and nitrous upgrades to leave the competition in the dust
- Take your racing to the next level by upgrading your ride from engine to suspension and everything in between
Select You Own Crew
- Tear up the streets with your own Crew and battle against others
- Enter head-to-head races and chat with friends in real-time
- Record your best race times and jumpstart your reign on the leaderboards
Battle Villains from the Movie
- Join the Family with Tej, Roman and Letty to take on missions in Story Mode
- Race Fast & Furious villains like DK, Braga, and Carter Verone
- Take down opponents as you drive through nitro-fueled roads and heart-pounding races
- iOS: iOS 7.0 or higher
- Android: Version 4.0 or higher
Fast & Furious: Legacy is free to download but does include in-app purchases. It’s available now for iOS and Android: